Monday, May 3, 2010

redbrick of drowsy lazy afternoons


My cat woke me up at 1:30 this morning as he was chasing around a sewer rat that had gotten into my bedroom. Spent the next four and a half hours trying to get it out before a professional rat catcher finally managed it in ten minutes flat. If you ever need 24 hour pest control, call Falls Creek Animal and Pest Control. I was hugely impressed. Needless to say, I slept late and didn't have time to go "picturing" before my evening work shift started at 3, so I give you this picture that I took yesterday. I've always thought this house on Summit was one of the darkest and most austere of the lot--I think it's that deep red brick that is so hard to brighten up. But with the bright green spring foliage and a splash of afternoon sun through the clouds, it's actually quite romantic looking. Doncha think?

3 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

My wife and I used to walk up and down Summit Ave looking at all the mansions when we used to live on Wellesley Ave.
Welcome to the City Daily Photo blog community
Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo

Mo said...

Yikes what a day. Not sure I'd be so calm about a sewer rat in the room

Mo said...

Oops wrong ID