Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book House

This is probably my most favoritest ever second-hand bookstore, Book House in the venerable Minneapolis neighborhood of Dinkytown. (My favorite in Saint Paul is Sixth Chamber Used Books, in case you wanted to know.) Used bookstores are endlessly charming to me, with their dusty, musty smell and their rows and rows of hastily shelved books with lovingly bent covers and well-thumbed, yellowing pages. And Book House epitomizes all the things I love about used bookstores.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sixth Chamber is the best, esp. for resale value but the shop is very selective. Books better be in good condition. Great for current fiction and non-fiction but not the best for ole musty books or rare editions.

Molly said...

Exactly. So when I just want a cheap paperback, I head to Book House!